Author Archive: airjordan11

MotoGP legend Enthusiast Follow Suzuka 8-Hours Race

Kevin Schwantz (Foto: ist)

SUZUKA – Event Suzuka 8-Hours Race this weekend ensured full participation of the iron horse jockey legend. One of them former MotoGP champion 1993 season, Kevin Schwantz, who will be riding the Suzuki GSX-R1000.

Not himself, Schwantz Suzuki team participating in will also partner with Yukio Kagayama and World Superbike legend, Noriyuki “Nitro” Haga. Schwantz was looking forward claiming back down in the event that there has been 11 years that followed.

“I’m looking forward to race at the Suzuka 8-Hour with Yukio and on the seat Noriyuki Suzuki GSX-R1000. Suzuka has a special place in my heart because I won my first 500cc Grand Prix here, “said Schwantz.

“The last time I took an eight-hour event was in 1992 with Doug Chandler and we could not finish the race due to mechanical problems. With only two riders, it will be difficult physically. Now with three riders and still be heavy for me though not as before, “he added.

“I myself have never won at this event and now with my colleagues tough as Yukio and Nori, I think we have a chance to win it,” Schwantz closed, as quoted by Crash, Thursday (25/07/2013).

Suzuka 8-Hours Event Race time will be followed by 63 riders and expected, Suzuka will be met 80 thousand fans at the final session, Saturday (07/27/2013) future. Last year, the event was won by a trio of Jonathan Rea, Kosuke Akiyoshi and Tadayuki Okada that carries the FCC TSR Honda team.

O’Grady asked to quit Olympic role after EPO admission

MELBOURNE (Reuters) – The Australian Olympic Committee(AOC) has called on cyclist Stuart O’Grady to step down from its Athletes’ Commission after he admitted using performance-enhancing drugs at the 1998 Tour de France.

 O’Grady, who announced his retirement this week, told a newspaper on Wednesday that he had used the banned blood-booster erythropoietin (EPO) before the notorious 1998 Tour, where he became only the second Australian to wear the yellow jersey.

 AOC secretary-general Craig Phillips contacted O’Grady by e-mail asking for his immediate resignation from the 10-member advisory body, the AOC said on Thursday.

 “Members of our London Olympic team, who elected Stuart to theAthletes’ Commission, are entitled to be angry knowing they had supported an athlete who had cheated,” AOC president John Coates said in a statement.

“Athletes’ Commission members are chosen for their qualities of integrity and leadership and by his admission Stuart does not deserve to be a member of that group.”

 A report by a French Senate inquiry released on Wednesday found the top three finishers at the 1998 tour – Italian Marco Pantani, Germany’s Jan Ullrich and American Bobby Julich – were among 18 riders who had tested positive for EPO.

The 1998 race was overshadowed by the scandal involving the Festina team, who were kicked off the race after a medical team member was arrested at the French border and customs officers seized banned substances.

O’Grady was listed by the French Senate report among 12 riders whose tests were said to be “suspicious” but he confirmed using EPO to the Adelaide Advertiser, insisting he had acted alone in sourcing it.

O’Grady announced his retirement after helping his GreenEdge team to a team time trial victory in this year’s Tour, saying he wanted to go out on a high despite being expected to race on until 2014.

The Australian team said it supported O’Grady “as a person and an advocate for a clean sport”.

“Like the majority of the riders in his generation, he was also exposed to the issues and wrongdoings of the sport and made some wrong choices in that environment,” the team said in a statement on its website (www.greenedgecycling.com).

“We would like to underline that in all of our interactions with Stuart, he has always been extremely clear about the right path for the sport and we believe that certain mistakes in the past shouldn’t be allowed to tarnish his entire career and his integrity as a person.”

Cycling Australia also declined to condemn O’Grady, blaming the era and the European “environment”.

“The late 1990’s was clearly a dark period in cycling’s international history,” the governing body said in a statement.

“(Australian) Athletes transitioning from the strict anti-doping regimes enforced under the domestic … programs were faced with a very different environment when they landed in Europe.”

Coates, though, said the “everybody else was doing it” line was no defense for using banned substances.

 “This was a shameful period for the sport of cycling which has been well documented, that is no excuse for the decision taken by Stuart O’Grady,” he added.

Legendary Pole vaulter visit Indonesia

Pelompat Galah Legendaris Sambangi Indonesia

JAKARTA – pole vault world record holder from Ukraine, Sergey Bubka Nazarovich a visit to Indonesia on Tuesday (06/25/2013).
“I am delighted to be visiting Indonesia. It is a beautiful country, “he met at the office of Indonesian Olympic Committee (KOI), Jakarta.
Bubka record 6.15 meters in Donetsk, Ukraine, on February 21, 1993. 20 years later, the record was not resolved.
Some pole vault athletes strive to surpass the record belongs Bubka, but until now there is no new record.
“It takes skill and technique surpassed the record high for that. Young athletes should do the analysis first and then to improvise in order to surpass my record, “he said.
Sergey Bubka is the Pole Vault gold medalist in the 1988 Seoul Olympics. He’s run for Presidential election exchanges Olympics.

China Grab Originally Asian Champion Match Under 19 Years

China emerged champion tournaments Badminton Asia Under 19 Years 100plus after defeating South Korea 3-1 in Kota Kinabalu Sport Complex here on Wednesday.

China make up for the disappointment with Japan as the final year off to seize the championship for the sixth time since the event was introduced in 2006 teamwork.

China first gained currency menerusi mixed team Chen Kai Qing Chen and Huang Xiang is overcome Choi Sol Kyu-Jung Chae Yoo 21-18, 21-9.

However, South Korea equalized when Jeon Jin Hyuk berhempas slumbering forced to subdue Gui Pu Lin 22-20, 21-17 in the boys individual event.

Team man Liu Yu Chen / Li Jun Hui put China predates beat 2-1 when Sol Kyu / Se Woong Park 18-21, 21-16 and 21-8.

Female individual players Qin Jin Jing China passed heyday when killing Kim Hyo Min with a 22-20 and 21-12 decision.

And Japan as Indonesia emerged the winner with a third place.

“The results of our efforts since two years finally paid off,” said China’s head coaches, Su Cheng Hua majlis after delivering gifts.

He said their standard teenager dropped off a little since two years but was restored in the year successful.

Mourinho Ask MU To Forget Ronaldo

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has asked Manchester United to forget their desire to bring Real Madrid striker, Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford this summer. According to him, it’s difficult to achieve that desire.

Players are often addressed this on several occasions CR7 often talked about his desire to fierce competition the Premier League and his former club, Manchester United. MU is used to lure Ronaldo is hoping to return.

However, Mourinho believes, desires Red Devils will collide with Los Blancos decisions that retain Ronaldo “tooth and nail”. And Mourinho believes, a bid of any of the other clubs who are interested in Ronaldo, would be countered by Madrid.

“All I know is, Real Madrid is a club rich. They do not need to sell players. I think, they could confront a variety of offers from other clubs who want to have Ronaldo,” Mourinho said as quoted by Tribal Football.

“I know, Ronaldo loves Manchester United and I know he loves the Premier League. But, I think he will stay.’s Just a feeling, I have no communication with Ronaldo, feeling alone,” said the Portuguese coach. (art)

Allegri: Milan Will Difficulty in Big Three

Allenatore AC Milan, Massimiliano Allegri predicting Serie A season 2013/2014 will be tough. In fact not denied opportunities Rossoneri Allegri again perched in the top three will be very difficult.

Allegri prediction is not without reason. Rival Milan clubs are now clean up by bringing in new players. Inter Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina and Napoli strengthen the ranks in the transfer market this summer.

Last season Milan managed to finish third after a stumbling start to the season. Milan is under Juventus and Napoli to make sure to appear in the Champions League.

“Every year is different but Juventus still the favorites in my opinion. They bring in quality players sorts [Carlos] Tevez, [Fernando] Llorente and [Angelo] Ogbonna,” said Allegri reported by Soccerway.

Therefore, Allegri confident competition in the top three will be tight this season. “It would be more difficult for Milan than last season because Juve and also six other teams will fight for the top three,” said Allegri.

“Inter Milan became stronger with the arrival of [Walter] Mazzarri and they will play once a week. Romans brought [Kevin] Strootman, a player with vast experience, although still young,” said Allegri.

“So also with Napoli, Lazio and Fiorentina will be increasingly difficult to be conquered so the competition will be tougher,” he continued.
For Allegri, this season will be the fourth season after being appointed coach of the Rossoneri in the summer of 2010.

Though cleared, Redskins will go easy with RG3

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Robert Griffin III put on his knee brace and passed the perfunctory Washington Redskins conditioning test on the eve of training camp, then declared he has ”nothing left to prove” – at least physically – in his return from major knee surgery.

That’s doesn’t mean he’s all the way back.

Griffin said Wednesday he won’t participate in 11-on-11 drills in the early days of camp and likely won’t play in any preseason games. The quarterback who likes to keep the throttle wide open is going to have to exercise a bit more patience as he and coach Mike Shanahan – who have shared blame for how Griffin got hurt – try to work together to get him on the field for the regular season opener Sept. 9.

”They want to make sure we’re not doing anything too soon that we don’t have to do,” Griffin said. ”Let some of these other guys get ready for the preseason. If it comes around that I’m ready to go, then maybe in the third preseason game, but as far as my understanding goes, preseason’s really not even in the air. … I think Coach feels like I can play without any preseason, so there no need really for that. Patience is the key.”

Griffin had reconstructive surgery on two ligaments in January after injuring his right knee multiple times in a playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Team doctors and coaches cleared him for practice within the last week, setting a remarkable pace for a rehab that can typically take a year or more.

”In my mind there’s nothing left to prove,” Griffin said. ”And that’s the way you have to approach the game when you’re coming off of an injury. If you pass the test, then in your mind, you feel like you’re ready to go.”

But Shanahan is determined to play it safe with his franchise quarterback, having said he wants to make sure Griffin is 100 percent before playing in a game. Shanahan will meet with reporters Thursday, but Griffin appeared to lay out the key points in the latest important conversation between player and coach.

”I think we’re on the same page,” Griffin said. ”When we sat down and talked about what I was going to do in training camp and the weeks to follow, it was a good moment for me because of all the hard work had paid off. And they’re going to allow me to get back out there and do what I do, and that’s play football and just have fun with the guys.

”We all made mistakes last season. We all understand that. We all talked about it, and it’s time to move on. … Me and Mike Shanahan‘s relationship is paramount to this team being successful.”

Shanahan was not only criticized for leaving Griffin in the Seahawks game too long, but there was also scrutiny over whether the Redskins’ offense – along with Griffin’s aggressiveness – left him too vulnerable. He led the team to its first division title in 13 years, but he missed all or parts of four games with various injuries.

”The goal is longevity in the league. You also want to win,” Griffin said. ”And so, as a quarterback, I don’t like to conform and say you can’t win outside the pocket. I think you can win outside the pocket. You’ve just to be smart about it. And that’s what I’ve learned over the past six months about myself and what we need to do to win. Maybe that’s keeping me in the pocket a little bit more. Maybe that’s throwing the ball away a little bit more.”

Griffin said he’s been an ”overachiever” his whole life, so the thought of being eased back into the practice routine and skipping the preseason isn’t part of his nature.

”If they want to me to patient right now and ramp it up later, then I’m willing to do that,” he said. ”And they know that I’m going to be – I wouldn’t say compliant – but I’m going to follow those rules, follow those guidelines, do as much as I can within that, and when it’s time to go full-go, then I’ll be ready to go.”

”If you talk to a lot of the vets, they don’t like the preseason,” he added. ”That’s a well-known fact. Even I know that – and I’ve been the league only one year.”

Cesar Sale, Not Loaned

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed goalkeeper Julio Cesar will not be released on loan but removed permanently.
Along with QPR’s relegation at the end of last season, the Brazilian goalkeeper names directly linked to a number of famous clubs, ranging from the possibility of returning to play in Italy with Napoli, interest from Villarreal to stay in London but uniformed Arsenal.
“I do not know about the future of Julio, he might be gone but he can also survive, but one thing is for sure if he wants to go then it should be permanent and not loaned for one season,” Redknapp said as reported by talkSPORT.
“We have not talked specifically with any club,” said Redknapp.
Ex-Inter Milan goalkeeper was believed would choose to leave Loftus Road in order to keep playing at the highest level so that its position as Brazil’s main goalkeeper stay safe ahead of the 2014 World Cup.

Serena Williams and LeBron James, Best Athlete version of Espy Award 2013

LeBron James and Serena Williams got a gift as the best male and female athletes Espy version (Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly) Award 2013, held at the Kodak Theatre on Wednesday (07/17/2013) local time.

James, who had just delivered the Miami Heat won the NBA title two years in a row, beating candidates such as Miguel Cabrera baseball players, football players Adrian Peterson, and swimmer Michael Phelps.

This is the title back-to-back for James. In addition, he was also named the Best Championship Performance and Best NBA Player.

After receiving the trophy as the best athlete, James-nominee name another nominee, then said, “(Trophy) for the four of us, man, I just keep it in my house.”

On the women’s side, Williams defeated gymnast Gabby Douglas, swimmer Missy Franklin, and basketball player Brittney Griner. Aside from being selected as the best female athlete, Williams was also selected as the best tennis player.

Other tennis player ever to be selected as the best athlete is Monica Seles (1993) and Venus Williams (2002).

Espy Award is an annual event to give awards to athletes, individuals or the best team, which is initiated by one of the cable television network in the United States, ESPN.

The event was held since 1993, in February or March, every year. However, since 2003, the event was held on Wednesday in July, the day after the Major League Baseball (MLB) All-Star Game.

This is the season when the branches of the sport in the U.S. is not being rolled, such as the National Basketball Association (NBA), National Football League (NFL), and the National Hockey League (NHL).

Libya Bans Soccer Team Women Competed in Germany

Women’s national team soccer Libya will most likely fail to participate in Discover Football tournament in Germany which starts on Saturday (07/20/2013).

This event will bring together women’s soccer team from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Tunisia, and Germany. The German government funded the tournament is to be a meeting of Middle East women’s soccer players since 2011.

However, the Libyan Football Federation, the reason the tournament was held in the middle of the month of Ramadan, stating that the country’s women’s team can not go to Germany.

“The federation said we could not go to Germany because he was fasting. We’d love to go, but the federation banned, “said midfielder Hadhoum el-Alabed.

El-Alabed (37), which is the most senior player in the squad Libya and have studied in Liverpool, said the ban was a matter of destroying the dream of social change after the fall of Moammar Khadaffy.

“The other teams could go to Berlin, then why can not we? All players cry when we federated states can not go, “said El-Alabed

Earlier, the Libyan Football Federation has given the green light for her team compete in Germany. However, they later changed their minds.

“We are currently in Ramadan. We are not opposed to women’s soccer, “said Secretary General of the Libyan Football Federation Nasser Ahmad.

Difficulties for women Libya football team is like no end. Before prohibited competed, they also received threats from radical Islamic groups.

This threat makes El-Alabed et al had to practice in secret, always on the move, and not infrequently they have to practice under the protection of the army.

In June, the group Ansar al-Sharia, which is related to the murder of the U.S. ambassador in Benghazi, issued a fatwa condemning women’s soccer.

“It’s (women’s soccer) is a matter that we can not accept because it is not in accordance with Islamic law,” the group said.

“Football makes women should be open most of his body and wearing a dress that is unacceptable,” added Ansar al-Sharia.

A leading cleric Libya, Salim Jabar, even urged that country women’s soccer team was dissolved.

“This team is made up of tall beautiful women and it’s not necessary this country,” said Jabar.

“Since the first day they join the team, they’ve sold themselves and give a sense of shame to their families,” he added.

In the reign of Khadaffy, women were allowed to play football masiih although in a limited format. They only play indoors away from public sight.

This prohibition also regrettable coach Emmad El-Fadeih. He said all the players have to follow the rules by wearing gym clothes and no socks and covered shorts.

“They also wear the hijab,” said El-Fadeih.

Although Libya is almost certainly not going to go to Germany, the committee said that the place for Libya remains open.

“We’ve heard what happened. We will wait for further developments, “said a spokesman for Discover Football, Johanna Kosters.