Basketball

Nets Bring in Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce

Brooklyn Nets have officially announced the pick up Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics. Transfer two top NBA player exchange involving nine players.

Besides Garnett and Pierce, Nets Celtics also acquired veteran guard Jason Terry. While the Celtics acquire Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and first choice player in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

As part of this exchange, the Celtics also acquired the right to swap first-choice player in 2017. So proclaimed Reuters.

“Today, the basketball gods smile to the Nets,” said club owner Mikhail Prokhorov.

“With the arrival of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, we have achieved a balance between our team of veteran and young talent.’s Team would be amazing views, and competed hard.”

Although last season failed miserably with the Celtics, the veteran trio still be in the count. Garnett, 15, entered the All-Star team, had an average of 19.1 points and 10.5 rebounds per game had a career for 18 years in the NBA.

Pierce has an average of 18.6 points and 6.3 rebounds, and 4.8 assists per game. Small 35-year-old guard is also ranked fifth in the number of points on a three-pointer with 1,823 points.

On the other hand, Terry had an average of 15.7 points and 4.5 assists per game. Terry also became part of the squad that won the Dallas Mavericks NBA in 2011.

ASEAN Aims to host 2030 World Cup

Yogyakarta – ASEAN countries are ready to co-host the World Cup in 2030. Therefore, each participating country is expected to launch a maximum of their candidacy.

“During the meeting we agreed to participate to host the 2030 World Cup,” said Andi Mallarangeng when reading the grain of First ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Sports (AMMS) at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Jl Army Theater Student, Yogyakarta, Wednesday (14/12/2011).

To achieve this further, Andi and his colleagues pushed and proposed through the Senior Officials Meeting on Sports (SOMS) to take concrete steps.

“We commissioned the SOMS to formulate and make a blue print preparation for 2030 World Cup bid.’s A step in a long-term ASEAN,” said Andi.

In addition, added Andi, in meeting the AMMS dispakati an increase in cooperation in the field of sports, including sports-related increase in governance, infrastructure development, athlete welfare, increasing the capacity of the athletes and sports officials such as referees and coaches, as well as increased employment opportunities in the field of sports, and the importance to increase the participation of the business sector in the field of sports.

“In the future sports competition in ASEAN will continue to be increased in the presence of some sort of league volleyball, football, badminton in ASEAN. Currently existing basketball ABL (Asean Basketball League),” he said.

Discuss Howard, Rockets Fined USD 1.4 M

Washington – Houston Rockets fined 150 thousand dollars of the comments related to the club’s camp about prospective players, Dwight Howard. Comments that are called “one time” aka too early.

Howard late last week as the Rockets sure had chosen his new team. The announcement also ended speculation about the future of Howard who had become a bone of contention a team.

After the confirmation, as proclaimed USA Today, Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey Howard immediately comment on the decision via Twitter and TV in Houston. Coach Kevin McHale also called Reuters to do the same.

Howard actually is going to be the player the Rockets. The problem is that the comments Rockets camp was conducted in the public domain in the “time limits”.

Currently NBA is entering a period of moratorium – running on July 1 to 10 this year. In that period the teams could not complete the transfer or talk about a deal that has been established.

New Rockets should remark after Howard officially signed a contract on Wednesday (07/10/2013) local time. So this time it is premature comment to make NBA Rockets must be willing to be fined for 150 thousand U.S. dollars (about USD 1.4 billion).

Jakarta PLN beated by Petrokima Gresik

Petrochemicals Gresik team win the fight without foreign players to beat last year’s finalist Jakarta Electric PLN on an advanced BSI Proliga volleyball competition which took place in the Basketball Hall Karno Stadium, Jakarta, Saturday (16/2).
Petrochemical beat PLN 3-1 (25-16, 25-20, 25-27, 25-21). Both teams are yet to be strengthened foreign players in the game because they have not finished Kitas.
Petrochemicals, which has not even reached the title despite being a regular participant since the first was held Proliga (2002), started the match very well.
However, PLN, which has collected 3 titles, rose in the third set. Former national team libero Berllian action through service Marsheilla lompatnya catapulted points PLN. Seven points gained through her first service game. At that time, PLN behind 2-3. Thanks Berllian service, last year’s finalists were leading 9-3 away.
Petro, who rely on young players surrogate, could eventually catch up. Novia Andriyani, also appear attractive and smash through lompatnya service. Once the numbers chase stopped when PLN closed the third set with 27-25.
“We recently joined together. The new team playing together less than a month, let alone some PLN players, new players, while Petro players have been training together for a long time, “said Berllian.
Men’s team also suffered defeat PLN. Banks face tournament favorite Sumselbabel Palembang, PLN to its knees in three straight sets, 0-3 (18-25, 20-25, 22-25).
The two teams both have reinforced two foreign players. Only two players Sumselbabel Bank, Raydel Poey Romero and Maxwell Burt, have been training together since two months ago, while two foreign players PLN, Diogo Capolari Chiapetti and Edinho Edison Candido, new this week practicing with his colleagues.
“The fighting spirit children should be appreciated. However, children are still often throw jump serve, “said coach Palembang Bank Sumselbabel, Mashudi.
According to PLN coach, Viktor Laiyan, team work his team has not yet appeared. It was due to train with his team recently. “Today we toser also not optimal, it’s one of the weaknesses in the match,” said Viktor.

Witnessed More Viewers, NBL Rises

Jakarta – Indonesia’s second season NBL claimed to attract more viewers. The data presented league manager, PT Detection Basketball Cross (DBL) Indonesia, which mentions that the audience grew 50% compared to the NBL previous season.

If the inaugural season in 2010/2011 a total audience reached 103 414 people, the national basketball league season has recorded 151 369 spectators watched. This calculation is done after the event Championship Seris in Yogyakarta over the weekend. DBL party also thinks this achievement as something extraordinary.

“In just two years, NBL Indonesia is able to get a place in the hearts of basketball fans. They kept coming, and invite other enthusiasts, to watch the match live in the stadium, “said Azrul Ananda, director of DBL Indonesia and PT Indonesian NBL commissioner, in a release received detikSport.

“The number of spectators is arguably extraordinary. League long, Indonesian Basketball League or IBL, only able to reach 250 viewers per day,” he continued.

Azrul later revealed that the growth was helped by the audience ditambahnya one more series, which is in Palembang. Noted, there are 12,000 people who watched the series straight there.

“The new city this season, Palembang, capable of making an audience of more than 12 thousand people. Looks are not crowded, because the stadium is so big. But the total number of viewers still good, “said Azrul.

Meanwhile, Surabaya penghelat noted for the series with the highest number of viewers. Noted, there suck 25000 series viewers. ari first series of Surabaya, the game presents CLS Knights Surabaya Good Day versus Satria Muda Britama Jakarta, more than 6,200 spectators witnessed the DBL Arena in Surabaya.

“It’s hard to break that record again in the next season. But with the rapid growth of the audience, anything can be achieved. We will continue to deliver the best spectacle for fans of Indonesian basketball. Schedule and venue Flexi NBL Indonesia 2012-2013 we will immediately announce, “he said.

Todd Purves and Indonesia Warriors Split

Jakarta – Todd Purves will no longer be the coach of Indonesia Warriors in the Asean Basketball League (ABL) next season. Warriors decided not to extend the contract which runs out Todd on June 30, 2013.

Todd underwent two that could be considered a successful season with the Warriors. In his first season in 2012, coach from the United States successfully led the Warriors won the first title in the ABL.

In the second season, Todd returned with the Warriors until the final round. But they failed to retain the title after losing to San Miguel Beermen.

“There is nothing wrong or something. It was a wonderful time here and the success that I have had here has given me a good chance in the NBA and internationally,” Todd said as quoted by the official website of the ABL.

“So I hope to continue my career and I owe a lot of the Indonesia Warriors.”

After leaving the Warriors, Purves has not decided where he will continue his career. But Purves admitted that he had received an offer from a number of clubs.

“There are a few options that I was considering with the help of an agent. Has been no decision made ​​at this time but I’ve been contacted by several teams, both internationally and domestically in the United States,” said Purves.

“I will consider the options and will make a decision that I thought would be best for my career and my family,” he said.

NBA Rumors: Analyzing Latest Chatter Throughout the Association

As the NBA‘s free-agency period starts to wind down with many of the big names accounted for, there are still some interesting options out on the market, whether it be a couple of sharpshooters or a two-time NBA champion.

Teams are still hoping for some legitimate talent to sign with them as they finalize their 2013-14 rosters, whether it be veteran help or an undrafted rookie who took the summer league by storm.

Here’s a look at the latest chatter throughout the Association, complete with analysis.

Spurs’ Gary Neal to Become Unrestricted Free Agent?

After signing former Chicago Bulls guard Marco Belinelli to a two-year deal in June, the San Antonio Spurs are reportedly set to withdraw their qualifying offer to Gary Neal and let the 28-year-old walk, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

The interest in Neal should stretch throughout the NBA, from contenders to rebuilding teams. The three-year pro has shot 40 percent from beyond the arc and 82 percent from the free-throw line in his career.

Adding to Neal’s intrigue is the fact that he played better defensively in 2012-13. After opposing point guards registered a PER of 21.3 against him in 2011-12, according to82games.com, they registered a PER of 15.5 against him last season.

That’s not great, but it is a noticeable improvement.

If anything, Neal can space the floor, which is always valuable.

Clippers to Re-Sign Lamar Odom?

According to Arash Markazi of ESPN LA, the Los Angeles Clippers are still interested in signing free-agent forward Lamar Odom.

Earlier in the month, Mike Bresnahan and Melissa Rohlin of the Los Angeles Times reported that Odom was deciding between the Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers, who both offered him $1.4 million.

Odom averaged 4.0 points and 5.9 rebounds while shooting 40 percent from the floor in 20 minutes per game last season. He ranked well below the league average in PER among forwards who averaged at least 15 minutes per game, via Hoopdata.com.

While that’s not exactly eye-opening, there aren’t many other options on the market to back up Blake Griffin at this point.

Rookie guard Ian Clark went undrafted this year, despite averaging 18.2 points while shooting 54 percent from the floor and 46 percent from beyond the arc in his senior season at Belmont.

Now, after he posted 33 points against the Phoenix Suns in the Las Vegas Summer League championship game, he’s reportedly drawing heavy interest throughout the NBA, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today Sports.

According to Zillgitt, the Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers and Utah Jazz are interested in the 6’3″ combo guard.

In seven games with the Warriors in Las Vegas, Clark averaged 12.4 points while shooting 48 percent from the field and 49 percent from beyond the arc. Against the Suns, he posted 33 points while going 12-of-19 from the floor and 7-of-10 from three-point range.

Before that, he averaged 16.4 points (ranked sixth) while shooting 48 percent from the field in five games with the Miami Heat in the Orlando Summer League.

One thing’s for sure: Ian Clark knows how to drop buckets. He also knows how to defend, averaging 2.2 steals in Orlando and 1.1 steals in Vegas while playing strong man-to-man defense.

So, why wasn’t he drafted?

Well, there is the matter of his size. At 6’3″, there are concerns about plopping him into the shooting guard role. He may have trouble finishing against the more physical players in the league.

But, given the way he shot the ball and defended this summer, it’s hard to imagine an NBA team not picking him up now.

Who said summer league didn’t mean anything?