Latest Posts

Bartoli Realize Dreams

London – Marion Bartoli managed to realize the dream of magnitude in the world of professional tennis. The Frenchman has just won his first Grand Slam title after Wimbledon champion so.

Bartoli came out as champions after defeating Sabine Lisicki in the final match on Centre Court the All England Club on Saturday (07/06/2013) evening hrs. He won in straight sets 6-1, 6-4 in 1 hour and 21 minutes.

This is the first time Bartoli won the Grand Slam title after struggling in 47 Grand Slam tournaments. He had the right to take home the prize money of 1.6 million pounds (about USD 23.7 billion).

This success also makes Bartoli as the first French tennis player to win a Grand Slam title since Amelie Mauresmo, who is now a coach, doing the same thing in 2006.

“I still can not realize that I was a Wimbledon champion.’s So happy,” said Bartoli in the tournament’s official website.

“As a professional player, your dream is to win the Grand Slam. You dreamed it every day. You think about it every day,” he added.

“So, when it was finally realized, you have achieved something that you dream for millions of hours,” said the 28-year-old.

“I won in straight sets. I did not drop a set throughout the tournament. Fact, in a perfect dream I once did, I could not imagine a moment like that.’s More than just perfect,” said Bartoli.

Romain Grosjean Staring Positive Hungarian GP

Romain Grosjean Menatap Positif GP Hongaria

Lotus rider, Romain Grosjean, he headed Hungarian Grand Prix next week, with a positive feeling.
Formula 1 car racer the French failed to score points in Spain, Monaco, Canada, and the UK, but later he was able to climb the podium in Germany.
Currently he is sure to keep the momentum victory while competing in Budapest, Hungary, which will be the 10th in the series championship this season.
“The third position in Germany is a good result, so of course now I have a positive feeling that deal with race in Hungary. We live a great race at the Nuerburgring (Germany),” he said.
Last season, Grosjean finished third in Hungary and wanted to repeat the success.
“I like the circuit and one of the best experiences I have had. I scored pole position for the first time in the circuit while competing in GP2 in 2008, then finished first and third. In 2012 I was on the podium in F1,” he said.
To win the race in Hungary which has a narrow track and a lot of corners, Grosjean said, he should be able merasih kualifiasi fastest time in half.
“We showed last year when we could be in the first line and would be awesome if it was vacant again this year.

NBA Rumors: Analyzing Latest Chatter Throughout the Association

As the NBA‘s free-agency period starts to wind down with many of the big names accounted for, there are still some interesting options out on the market, whether it be a couple of sharpshooters or a two-time NBA champion.

Teams are still hoping for some legitimate talent to sign with them as they finalize their 2013-14 rosters, whether it be veteran help or an undrafted rookie who took the summer league by storm.

Here’s a look at the latest chatter throughout the Association, complete with analysis.

Spurs’ Gary Neal to Become Unrestricted Free Agent?

After signing former Chicago Bulls guard Marco Belinelli to a two-year deal in June, the San Antonio Spurs are reportedly set to withdraw their qualifying offer to Gary Neal and let the 28-year-old walk, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

The interest in Neal should stretch throughout the NBA, from contenders to rebuilding teams. The three-year pro has shot 40 percent from beyond the arc and 82 percent from the free-throw line in his career.

Adding to Neal’s intrigue is the fact that he played better defensively in 2012-13. After opposing point guards registered a PER of 21.3 against him in 2011-12, according to82games.com, they registered a PER of 15.5 against him last season.

That’s not great, but it is a noticeable improvement.

If anything, Neal can space the floor, which is always valuable.

Clippers to Re-Sign Lamar Odom?

According to Arash Markazi of ESPN LA, the Los Angeles Clippers are still interested in signing free-agent forward Lamar Odom.

Earlier in the month, Mike Bresnahan and Melissa Rohlin of the Los Angeles Times reported that Odom was deciding between the Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers, who both offered him $1.4 million.

Odom averaged 4.0 points and 5.9 rebounds while shooting 40 percent from the floor in 20 minutes per game last season. He ranked well below the league average in PER among forwards who averaged at least 15 minutes per game, via Hoopdata.com.

While that’s not exactly eye-opening, there aren’t many other options on the market to back up Blake Griffin at this point.

Rookie guard Ian Clark went undrafted this year, despite averaging 18.2 points while shooting 54 percent from the floor and 46 percent from beyond the arc in his senior season at Belmont.

Now, after he posted 33 points against the Phoenix Suns in the Las Vegas Summer League championship game, he’s reportedly drawing heavy interest throughout the NBA, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today Sports.

According to Zillgitt, the Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers and Utah Jazz are interested in the 6’3″ combo guard.

In seven games with the Warriors in Las Vegas, Clark averaged 12.4 points while shooting 48 percent from the field and 49 percent from beyond the arc. Against the Suns, he posted 33 points while going 12-of-19 from the floor and 7-of-10 from three-point range.

Before that, he averaged 16.4 points (ranked sixth) while shooting 48 percent from the field in five games with the Miami Heat in the Orlando Summer League.

One thing’s for sure: Ian Clark knows how to drop buckets. He also knows how to defend, averaging 2.2 steals in Orlando and 1.1 steals in Vegas while playing strong man-to-man defense.

So, why wasn’t he drafted?

Well, there is the matter of his size. At 6’3″, there are concerns about plopping him into the shooting guard role. He may have trouble finishing against the more physical players in the league.

But, given the way he shot the ball and defended this summer, it’s hard

Revisiting the Chris Wondolowski argument, now in a bigger and better context

The book on Chris Wondolowski has usually read like this: sensational striker in league play who may be stretched to make an impact internationally.

It’s really not an awful thing to pin on someone; nobody is accusing the man of drowning kittens here. Taylor Twellman and Jason Kries were other examples of terrific strikers in Major League Soccer who probably reached their top level in league soccer.

Only, with Wondolowski, a few fans and a selected bunch from the chattering class got caught up in the moment and lost some larger context recently. The Earthquakes’ forward did hit six goals in three matches – but the quality of competition was league level. Given international caliber service and backed by international level teammates, Wondolowski is certainly capable of doing the business against overmatched regional small fries.

But it always looked like typical sports overreaction, this flawed tendency to make big, sweeping judgments from every match. (Or, in this case, the false bottom of a short series of them.)

So a week ago, some people were already handing him a ticket to Brazil. Very prematurely so. I wrote as much six days ago.

Now here we are today with two more samples to study. Wondolowski went 77 minutes last week against Costa Rica and then 60 on Sunday against El Salvador. Total goals: zero.

(MORE: What we learned about the United States vs. El Salvador)

He wasn’t awful, not by any stretch. “Wondo” is just not the difference maker that Landon Donovan is. He’s not the athlete that Eddie Johnson is. He doesn’t have the ability to create on his own the way some others in the U.S. player pool can. Wondolowski’s game gets somewhat limited at international level.

Here’s what MLSSoccer.com’s player ratings had to say: “One simple assist pass aside, Wondo was often either stranding himself from the offense or slowing it down. It didn’t help his cause that Eddie Johnson replaced him with such a strong display.”

The New York Times was more harsh still in its ratings. “Never seemed to find a place in the quick-moving U.S. attack.”  Jeff Carlisle at ESPN FC did like the striker’s link-up play, offering that is “was miles better than it was against Costa Rica, as he set up Corona’s goal and sprung Donovan with a telling through ball.” But he also noted the struggle “with some of El Salvador’s physical antics.”

It’s not over; two matches remain. The problem is Johnson, the Seattle Sounders’ striker scored immediately upon coming on Sunday. He seems certain to start in Wednesday’s semifinal, which means the San Jose man’s minutes will dwindle fast.

As I also wrote last week, roster spots are always a zero-sum game; for every roster winner there is a roster loser, in other words. Wondolowski may or may not make the final 23 for Brazil, but you have to circle the man you want knocked aside.

Jurgen Klinsmann pattern of player selection says that Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez and Eddie Johnson are all ahead of Wondolowski in the forward depth  pool. (Depending on how you want to count Dempsey, that is.) Landon Donovan is, too; we can probably all agree on that.

Today, Joe Corona looks more likely to make the roster than Wondolowski, even if he is  playing a slightly different position. Either way, it’s a roster spot, and that’s one

Agreed, Gareth Bale to Madrid?

Real Madrid’s effort to obtain the signature seems to be Gareth Bale happy ending. According to the report, as quoted by Football Espana, Tuesday (07/23/2013), the Tottenham Hotspur players agreed to a six-year contract duration.

Indeed, since the end of last season Madrid have shown interest in Bale. Wales winger services after the Spanish capital club this fantastic ready poured funds reached 90 million euros ($ 1.213 trillion).

Besides Madrid, Bale also the target of a number of Europe’s elite clubs, like Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain. However, according to Marca, Real Madrid odds get bigger combative midfielder was considering a bid because Spurs transfer cash between 80 million euros ($ 1.079 billion) and a 85 million euro (Rp 1.146 trillion) plus full-back Fabio Coentrao.

Media is headquartered in Madrid was also added that Madrid president Florentino Perez and general director Jose Angel Sanchez has sat down with representatives of Bale, Jonathan Barnett. They discussed the possibility of the realization of mega-transfers by Madrid, after the Spanish giants to bring Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United in July 2009 at a price of 93 million euros.

If agreed to a six-year contract offered, then Bale will receive a salary of between 9 million euros ($ 121.257 billion) and 10 million euros ($ 134.730 billion) per season. Barnett also indicated that for the smooth process of moving to the Santiago Bernabeu, they will be turned down offers from other clubs, including Manchester United.

So far, Tottenham always dismissed all rumors about Bale. In fact, coach Andre Villas-Boas insists that the status of the 24-year-old player was “not for sale” or not sold.

The latest news suggests that Tottenham are ready to double salaries Bale, who made it in the list of one of the highest paid players in the Premier League. If last season Bale earned only 87,500 euros ($ 1.162 billion) per week, then the next season he will receive 170,000 euros ($ 2,239 billion) per week. All was done to fence Bale of “threat” clubs pursuer.

But with the news that was brought Marca, will be interesting to wait how the realization of mega-transfers during the transfer window, which will last until the end of August.

Blanc: Verratti Not For Sale!

Paris Saint-Germain boss, Laurent Blanc confirmed about the future of young midfielder Marco Verratti he called not for sale.
The Italian young players have been linked with Fiorentina interest, but Blanc insists the former players Pescara remained in Paris.
“Marco is a PSG player,” said Blanc.
“There are a lot of rumors about his future, but he has a contract with us”,
“I hope he stays because I like him as a player, he has great talent and is a young player potential”.

Phelps Breaks World Record (Again)

Indianapolis – Just about two months after the post back in the pool slide was suspended, Michael Phelps has recorded a special achievement. He broke the world record 100m butterfly.

Phelps broke the record while competing in the final of the 100 m butterfly U.S. National Championships in Indianapolis, Thursday (09/07/2009) local time, with a time of 50.22 seconds.

Note that sharpens the previous world record, which is 50.40 seconds set by compatriot Phelps, Ian Crocker, in Montreal in 2005.

Phelps followed by Tyler McGill who finished second with a time of 51.06 seconds. While Aaron Peirsol clocked 51.30 seconds for third rank.

This is the first world record was broken by Phelps after a 24-year-old boy broke seven world records – four personal record and a record three teams – at the Beijing Olympics last year.

Phelps is just two months returned to the pool after being suspended for three months by USA Swimming last February due to the middle of the picture taking bong (sucker marijuana) in the British tabloid News of the World.

In 2003, Phelps broke the world record in fact ever 100m butterfly in Barcelona, but the day after the record-breaking Crocker and sharpening twice.

“I still remember the day I broke the world record and the next day Crock Crock broke it and hang on. Could pass again today means a lot,” said Phelps told the Associated Press.

Phelps currently holds eight world records, the 400m medley, 200m freestyle, 200m butterfly, 200m medley 100m butterfly (individual records), and the 4×100 m freestyle, 4×200 m freestyle and the 4×100 m medley (team record).